Saturday, October 08, 2011

Back In Scrubs


Since returning home from my travels in the beginning of September I have been on a frantic search for a job. I think I’ve checked every possible hiring site in search of suitable employment. I also signed up for emails if any dental assisting positions became available. With each update in my inbox I’d find a renewed sense of opportunity and hope only to (9 times out of 10) have it crushed. I don’t know how these sites work but somehow I got job openings posted in my email for everything but dental assisting! They were always jobs that had the word assistant or assisting in their title but never what I was looking for. I’m happy for all those medical lab assistants, administrative assistants, assistant managers or advertising assistants out there- I know from these emails that there is no shortage of jobs for you! 

Despite this setback I found quite a few possible leads through kijiji, monster, simply hired, place pro, indeed and The Edmonton Journal. I went to countless interviews and even did a few working interviews in an office but nothing felt right. I got offered a part time position in a nice clinic but I was on a search for full time employment. There was a point that I began to feel like this situation was a little hopeless. I kept praying that Heavenly Father would help me find an office that would welcome a new grad, be willing to teach, have the newer technology such as digital x-ray and a paperless charting system and have friendly staff. I know I gave him a long list of hopes for a job but I kept praying, fasting and having faith as best as I could. 

There was one point where I was sure I’d have to settle, I began to feel discouraged and unskilled since I had been out of practice for months now. I did a working interview at one office and I felt useless, slow and out of place. I started to doubt if I’d ever find something. At that time I decided it would be best if I got a blessing. The feelings I felt after that blessing were indescribable! I knew that Heavenly Father had heard my countless petitions and if I were patient enough something would come along that would be all that I wanted. I decided to put my trust in the Lord and continue my search.  A little less than two weeks later I got a call from one of the offices I had applied to, they asked me if I’d be able to come in for an interview. Shortly after my interview they called again asking if I’d like to do a working interview.  I agreed and went on the following Monday and Tuesday. I got the job offer Tuesday night!!! This office is everything and more than I asked for! Full time hours, awesome staff to work with, great training, new technology, better pay than I thought I’d get as a new grad and a wonderful dentist who is so patient and willing to teach. I am soooo thankful for answered prayers. I know He hears our pleas and is very aware of the desires of our heart. Prayers are answered in His own timing and in His own way!

No comments:

Post a Comment